2012.10.20 Georgetown wall street art & Kapitan Restaurant

     Penang is a nice place with full of tasty food especially in the town, Georgetown. Officially, this is the 4th time I visit this beautiful place but not for trip just for internship. I do enjoy this experience. I can stay here for 3 months to eat all the tasty food and judge the taste by myself instead of listen to what people say. Well, I can only do it during weekends. I just going to share with you what I had experience here including the place I visited and the food I ate. Next time you can have your own plan when you want to travel to here =)



     Kapitan restaurant is a mamak which serve traditional Indian food originating from both northern and southern of India. A lot of my friend try it before and guarantee that Kapitan owned the best Nasi Briyani in the town, I’m a Nasi Briyani lover. So, Kapitan became the must try food in my food list. After search the location from the internet, we decided to have a try. Kapitan that we visited is locate at Lebuh Chulia, Georgetown. You can see their signboard when you passing by Lebuh Chulia. Actually there are 4 outlets around Pulau Penang. But we just wanna try the headquarter one.

 Chicken Briyani

       Tandoori Nasi Briyani

     Between both of the dishes we ordered, I prefer Tandoori Nasi Briyani. The chicken is much more smooth and juicy. The Nasi Briyani is just in the normal range as compared to the one in my hometown. But after I search again from internet, I realised most of the people go there will try Claypot Nasi Briyani. So, I guess I didn’t try the best Nasi Briyani. The price is quite expensive to me but it is okay to have a try and the portion is quite big.


      After that, we try to go to Lebuh Pinang to try the delicious TEOCHEW Chendul by follow the memories map in my mind. When we was travelling from Lebuh Chulia to Jalan Pinang, a surprise comes out in front of me. JIANG!!!! This is wall street art painted by a foreign artist called Ernest Zacharevic. So I start to ignore my 1st plan and go to searching the remaining wall street arts.

 1.Lebuh Ah Quee


2 Lebuh Ah Quee

3. Lebuh Muntri


4.Lebuh Armenian
I think this is the most famous one because a lot of people waiting here to capture photo and this is the 1st wall painting I know.



5.Chew Jetty

6.Lebuh Cannon

7.Lebuh Armenian

8.Jalan Penang

     Lastly, We try out the Famous Chendul again. Second times make me addicted to it. Hard To describe out the taste, but I’m seriously LOVE it. I don’t mind to come here every weekends.













     Okay, Penang people are very friendly. When I was in Chew Jetty, A couple of aunt and uncle who live there very generous to tell me the stories of the wall painting and they even allow me to borrow their toilet. 

End of the story. GOOD BYE^^









0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

Powered by Blogger.